Utah Core Curriculum for Keyboarding states, "The student will achieve minimum keyboarding competency on one- or two-minute timed writings.
- Key at a minimum speed of 25 words per minute (WPM) on at least 3 one- or two-minute timings.
- Key at 2 or fewer errors per minute.
- Key without using the backspace/delete key on timings.
In addition to their speed and accuracy as described above, students are judged on the following technique:
- Feet placed on the floor
- Body centered to the H key with elbows at sides
- Sit up straight
- Curved fingers over the home row keys
- Wrists off the keyboard
- Eyes on the printed copy
- Key by touch with correct fingering
- Key with a smooth rhythm
Dance Mat Typing
Creativity and Innovation =Research and Information Fluency =
Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making =
Digital Citizenship =
Technology Operations and Concepts =